Tuesday, September 16, 2008

New Day

Today we got our home study packet in the mail!! We are working on filling out all the paperwork. The goal is to get it back in the mail by Friday. Funny how paperwork can actually be exciting. Also, we got our apostilled marriage licenses from NJ today. I am quite impressed at how quick we got them back. We got extras just in case of emergency. A couple's whole dossier went missing via traveling by mail. They had to start over, so I am not taking any chances. Nate and I have "the luck" at times :) Tomorrow I go to the dr.'s to get a tetanus shot, have my TB test read, and get a form filled out. I am not looking forward to the shot at all. But in the end it is all worth it. I also realized many of you might not speak "adoption" (outside of my insesantly talking about it!!) CSS (Catholic Social Services) is our adoption agency. Apostille the verification by the state of a document or notary. The fun part of getting documents apostilled is they have to be apostilled by the issuing state. Since we are on the border of NC and SC and are moving to SC we will be sending documents to both states. The I 600A is the document that is sent to the USCIS (Immigration) to be considered for international adoption. The dossier is a packet of paperwork that goes to Russia. All the documents in the dossier have to be apostilled. Thank goodness I am organized!! Let me know if anyone has questions as we go along. Outside of all that... nothing much else to update!!

No comments: