Saturday, October 18, 2008

Great Day

Today was a great day. This morning Nate and I woke up at the crack of dawn to go to the SC DMV. We got there, go to the counter right away, only to find out the system was down and we couldn't get our new driver's licenses. That was the low point of the day. After some comfort food, Dunkin Donuts, I met my mom to go baby shopping. Nate and I had found a crib and furniture that we loved , and I wanted to show my mom the furniture. My mom got bought us the baby's bedding, we had so much fun. The bedding is so cute. While we were in the store we found a wooden plaque the says "Home is where your story begins". That saying both had us in tears. Our baby will have such a story, even before his life has really begun. After a wonderful afternoon of baby shopping, what arrives in the mail? Our appointments for finger prints for the USCIS. We go to Charleston on Nov 3rd. To top the day off we got to help our friends redo their sons room for his 3rd birthday. The whole bedroom is from the movie "Cars". Now it is all about the Boston Red Sox.... We are hoping we make it to the World Series!!!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Post some pictures of the new bedding!!

Good news on the finger printing appt. You're making progress.

Tiger & Kar said...

Congrats! It's such a great feeling when you finally get that appointment, isn't it?

I second Susan - - post pictures of the bedding!

Best wishes,
Karyn